Sitemap | Privacy and legal | Accessibility | Cookies Policy | Terms and Conditions | Scam Alert
What is a cookie?
Cookies are small text files, residing on your computer, containing information about you that can be accessed when you visit a website. Many websites use them to make websites work, or work more efficiently for the user’s benefit, and also to give information to the owners of the site.
A cookie is not a program file. Cookies themselves cannot run anything on your computer. Cookies cannot collect information, spread viruses, or in any other way do harm to your computer. The content of cookies is read and written by the web pages you visit. Cookies are uniquely assigned to your computer and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
Cookies used on www.solicitoradvocates.org
The cookies we use on www.solicitoradvocates.org for web analytics help us analyse the usage of the website, which allows us to improve the website and make our services more user friendly.
The cookies we use for functionality purposes enable us to integrate social media links at the top of each page and enables sharing functions for different social networks.
When you visit our website, we may send you a cookie. The cookies we use on The Society of Solicitor Advocates website are:
- Analytics Performance Cookies: We use these types of cookies to monitor our website’s performance and how our users may use it. These cookies provide us with information that helps us provide better products to our users and also t identify any areas that may need maintenance. They are:
- __utma - This cookie is used to calculate unique visitors. The cookie expires 2 years after your last visit to the page.
- __utmb - This cookie is used to track your current session while you are on the website. The cookie expires 30 minutes after you leave the website.
- __utmc – This cookie is also used to track your current session while you are on the website. The cookie expires when you close your browser.
- __utmz - This cookie is used to find the referrers for your visits to attribute your visit to the correct source. This cookie expires 6 months after your last visit to the website.
- The Society of Solicitor Advocates Functional Cookies: Functional cookies are used to remember your preferences on our website. This can be anything from saving your username or assisting you whilst using Instruct+. We use:
- visitor_id – This cookie determines the ID of the visitor on the site, usually just a random number.
- page_id – This cookie determines the page that the user is on.
- Language – This cookie determines the language used by the site.
- customer_id – This cookie determines the ID of the user who is logged in to our Intranet.
- CustomerInfo – This cookie determines customer ID, email, username, first name and last name of the user who is logged in to our Intranet.
- document_customer_id – This cookie determines the ID of the user who is logged in to our Document manager.
- document_doc_customer_id – This cookie determines the ID of the user who is logged in to our Document manager.
- document_login – This cookie determines if a user is logged in to our Document manager.
- Third party cookies: When using our website you may receive third party cookies which are sent by organisations not under our control when you are visiting our website. We use the following third party cookies for social media purposes:
How do I remove cookies?
If you decide you don’t want to receive cookies, you can change the settings on your web-browser such that it either tells you when cookies are sent to your computer or you can block cookies completely.
If you wish to go back and delete old cookies you can also do this.
If you wish to change your cookie settings use the Help function within your browser. In addition www.aboutcookies.org is a very useful resource.
Why do you need to know about cookies?
This information is on our website because of the EU Cookie Law.